Table of Contents
Sponsored post: The author Saugata manages ‘Petchum’, an online pet shop in Kolkata, India
When it comes to feeding your pet cat, you want to absolutely make sure that you’re providing the best possible nutrition for them. And one of the best ways to do that is to feed them high-quality, premium kitten food. Not only are these foods affordable, but they also offer your kitten nutritional benefits that can make all the difference in their life. In this blog post, we will recommend some of the best budget-friendly premium kitten foods on the market today.
In today’s economy, it’s important to find ways to save money. As the prices of cat foods increase, day by day, it’s becoming really hard to buy premium, nutritional kitten foods. So, we at Petchum, after day-in & day-out research, found two budget-friendly premium kitten foods that your kitty will adore.
- Matisse Kitten Food: Matisse Kitten Food is a highly nutritious kitten food from Farmina. It is formulated with real dehydrated meat. It contains a high amount of Taurine, which helps kitten to maintain shiny coats & healthy brain development. It contains 36% of Raw Protein, which benefits your kitten’s overall health. The main surprise is that you can get this 1.5 kg kitten food pack for under Rs. 1100 (INR). This food comes in 3 packs: 400 gms, 1.5 kg, and 10 kg. The most important thing is, according to a survey conducted by Petchum, approximately 70% of kittens love it. So why not try it once?
- Lara Kitten Food: Another premium budget-friendly kitten dry food is Lara Kitten Food. It comes in Chicken Flavour, which your kitten will love & adore. The food contains 36% of Protein, which supports your kitten’s healthy growth. Around 35% of the food is made of chicken. The best thing about the food is that you will get its 2 kg pack for under Rs. 1300 (INR). This food comes in 2 different packs: 350 gms & 2 kg. Our survey shows approximately 85-90% of kittens love this food.
- Royal Canin Kitten Dry Food: When Premium Pet Foods comes into the discussion, we can’t leave without mentioning Royal Canin. It is one of the oldest premium brands in the Pet Care Industry. Royal Canin Kitten Dry Food (Previously known as Second Age Kitten Food) is the most well-known premium kitten dry food available in the market. The food contains around 36% of protein. This dry food can be fed to 1 – 12 months old kittens. Royal Canin Kitten Dry Food comes in 3 packs: 400 gms, 2 kg, and 4 kg. A 2 kg Royal Canin Kitten Dry Food bag will cost around Rs. 1300.
- VentriPro Kitten: Till now, we have only discussed dry foods for 1-12 months old kittens. But what about the baby kittens? That’s where this food comes from. VentriPro Kitten is a weaning food for Kittens. It can also be considered a milk replacer. You can feed your kitten (from 1 week age) VentriPro Kitten. One hundred gms of VentriPro Kitten contains 23 gms of Protein. The food comes in a 200-gms pack. A 200 gms of VentriPro Kitten will cost around Rs. 390. According to our survey, almost each & every kitten loves this food.
Gravy/Wet Foods are always costlier than Dry Foods. In most cases, Wet Foods are used as a taste enhancer.
- Sheba Kitten Chicken Premium Loaf: This wet food comes in 70 gm pouches. Each box of this food contains 12 pouches. This food is applicable for 2-12 months old kittens. Each 70 gm pouch contains 6.5% of protein. Chicken & White Fish are the main ingredients of this food. To tell you the truth, every cat loves Sheba. You will get each 70 gms pouch for under Rs. 60.
- Royal Canin Kitten Gravy: This gravy food comes in 85 gms pouches. Like the previous one, each box of this gravy food contains 12 pouches. This food is applicable for kittens up to 12 months old. This food contains all the essential ingredients which help to support the kittens’ natural defence. Royal Canin is one of the most well-known brands in the pet care industry & kittens love this food. One Royal Canin Kitten Gravy pouch will cost you around Rs. 96.
- Royal Canin Kitten Loaf: This food also comes in 85 gms pouches. Each box of this wet food contains 12 pouches. This food is applicable for kittens up to 12 months old. The soft loaf texture of this food supports easy chewing. Every 85 gms of pouches contains 12.3% of proteins. Meat & Animal Derivatives are the main ingredients of this food. One pouch of Royal Canin Kitten Loaf will cost around Rs. 96.
You will get “How to Feed” guidelines for the above-mentioned foods on the backside of the product packet. You can follow those guidelines & start feeding your little kitty. Still, we recommend getting veterinary consultation before starting.
So we have covered almost & every premium budget-friendly kitten food in this blog post. So many new brands are coming these days with similar offerings & similar pricing. But we have only considered foods that have been in the market for at least 3-4 years.
You can use only dry food, but we recommend using both dry & wet Foods. Along with foods, we also recommend using good quality litter sand, shampoos & other grooming essentials, and various supplements (as directed by professional veterinarians).
Once opened, always keep dry foods in airtight containers. For gravy, refrigeration is required after opening the pouches.
So to summarise it all, each kitten food contains nutritional elements that will help enhance your beloved kitten’s health and growth. The critical aspect is understanding that there is no correct answer here. We recommend filtering the food as per your requirement first. Then buy small/trial packs to find the one your kitten loves the most before purchasing a bigger one. Hopefully, we were able to provide you with some information. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.
Saugata is managing Petchum since 2020, and since then they served many pet parents through both our Retail Store & Online Platform. So, as an Entrepreneur & a thorough animal lover, he has so many stories to tell.